Perth Theatre at 185 High Street (no longer its registered address) Perth, Scotland, opened in 1900 and was extended in the 1980s.
The building is category B listed by Historic Environment Scotland, and is operated by the charitable organisation Horsecross Arts, alongside sister venue Perth Concert Hall.
The theatre opened on Perth High Street in 1900 (replacing a previous one, built in 1820, that stood at the northeastern corner of Atholl and Kinnoull Streets), and was planned to seat 950 in the auditorium, with pit, two balconies and boxes. It was created by the Perth Theatre & Opera House Co Ltd and designed by Dundee's City Architect William Alexander. It is similar in style and layout to his design of Her Majesty's Theatre, Dundee, but on a smaller scale. The foundation stone was laid in 1899 by actor George Alexander. The founding lessee was JH Savile, who owned Paisley Theatre, and in 1909 bought the Perth theatre outright. The Savile family continued to run