Concept

Wanstrow

Résumé
Wanstrow is a village and civil parish south west of Frome in the Mendip district of Somerset, England. The parish includes the village of Cloford. History The name of the village comes from the Old English and means Waendel's tree. The Bishop of Wells had an estate in the parish before the Norman Conquest which supported a prebend at Wells Cathedral. The estate was split in two with one first called East Wanstrow, and later Church Wanstrow supporting Wells Cathedral and West Wanstrow, Wanstrow Rogers and Wanstrow Buller was given by Hugh Sexey to support the hospital at Bruton. The parish was part of the hundred of Frome. The village was involved in the production of coarse earthenware, using clay dug on Wanstrow Common, until 1826. Governance The parish council has responsibility for local issues, including setting an annual precept (local rate) to cover the council’s operating costs and producing annual accounts for public
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement