Concept

West Pennard

Résumé
West Pennard (or West Pennard Manor) is a village and civil parish east of Glastonbury, situated at the foot of Pennard Hill, in the Mendip district of Somerset, England. The parish includes the hamlets of Coxbridge and Woodlands. History The village takes its name from the Old Welsh pen ard meaning high hill. The manor was granted to Glastonbury Abbey by the king of the Mercians in 681, and was held by the Abbey until the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539. It was then granted to Edward Seymour, Duke of Somerset in 1547 until his execution when it reverted to the Crown and leased to successive members of the Rogers family until 1628 when it was sold to Thomas Howard, Earl of Berkshire. West Pennard features a number of historical settlements. Old Farmhouse, East Street dates from the mid 14th century and features crucks. Other sites such as Higher Southtown Farm, Pennard Farm (~1640), and Manor Farmhouse, Coxbridge were significantly
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement